Beginners lace making kit contains: Starter book, lace pillow, bobbins, thread, pin cushion, pricking card, accessories and your first bobbin lace pattern.
Our beginners lace making kit contains:
instructions in a book written and illustrated by us and called “It’s not Tatting” (A beginner’s Guide to Lacemaking).
The kit has:
- a 45cm diameter vacuum formed polystyrene domed pillow, fitted with a blue draw-string cover and a matching square cover cloth;
- Stainless Steel pins suitable for Lace Making
- a bran-filled pin cushion;
- a Pricker and pricking card;
- a divider pin and some berry pins;
- 12 pairs of Midland style bobbins;
- a selection of glass beads;
- spangling wire;
- and a ball of 50 or 60 Cordonnet cotton thread.
(Students can purchase a pricking board, a fine crochet hook and all sorts of helpful tools later.)
We also include a sleeve to keep your first bookmark clean
The Lace Guild said of our beginners lace making kit ” A patient beginner could get started without a teacher as the pamphlet is very user-friendly.”
Hundreds of satisfied customers since then agree.