The Parish Halls are built on land purchased over 90 years ago: in 1915 a farm house and roughly one acre of land were purchased to ‘preserve the rural beauty of the church’. In 1923/4 the farm buildings were adapted for use by the church. This development, together with the cross on Ecclesall Road and the panels on the south wall of the church, were a memorial to the men from Ecclesall who died in the 1914-18 war.
There were significant further developments in 1960 and subsequently there has been an ongoing programme of refurbishment and improvements. A stair lift has recently been installed to give better disabled access to the main hall.