Lace making lessons for all ages and abilities.
Mainly Lace give a selection of lace making lessons across Essex. Classes run weekly and are usually 10 week terms.
The classes are a mix of ages and abilities, ranging from complete beginners to seasoned lace makers. This mix makes teaching a large group much easier than all beginners – who all need help at the same time and the same place – or all very advanced who need extra challenges and more complicated projects.
Details of the different lace making classes currently available:
- Venue – St. Michael’s Church House, Braintree, Essex.
- Tutor – Pat Hoath
- Times – 10.00am – 1.00pm. (These classes are run on alternate fortnightly sessions for two concurrent groups. This gives ladies who cannot attend their own class a chance to catch up in the other class.)
- Fees – £6.50 per class (payable at the beginning of term) Terms are either 6 or 7 weeks per class, they vary according to the time between holidays, e.g. Christmas and Easter.
- Venue – Moulsham Mill, Chelmsford, Essex
- Tutors – Pat Hoath & Barbara Brooks
- Times – 9.00am – 11.00pm or 10.00am – 12.00pm or 11.00pm – 1.00pm. (These are much larger classes of up to 25 ladies and are very popular.)
- Fees – £65 per 10 week term (payable at the beginning of term)